Stitches and Sutures

I'm a 25-year-old second-year medical student living in Ontario, Canada. I'm pretty sure that the only way to stay sane in medical school is to have a life outside of medical school, and knitting is one of my chosen diversions.

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Oh baby

I sure hope wee William realizes just how much he was loved even before he was born. (I figure the only way that will happen is if I never call him "wee William" to his face when he's old enough to understand. But seriously, how cute is that? He lives in England! It's lovely British alliteration!!) There are few people in this world for whom I would crochet thousands of little tiny squares. He is apparently one of them.


His blanket turned out quite well, if I do say so myself. I would change a few things - for example, I would remember that when you finish a round, you should be at a corner and not in the middle (total brain fart on my part there), I would use a larger hook (which would have kept me more sane, made the blanket bigger, and made it less stiff), and....well, I don't think I'll ever make a giant granny square again!!


A little blocking is in order, too, methinks.

And a close-up so you can see the stitches, although the colour is much less accurate because I didn't use a flash:

Yarn: mystery acrylic, from my LYS in my hometown. I think I paid under $10 for 6 balls. I'd say it's sport weight.
Pattern: good ol' granny square

Wee William also has a wee cardigan in the making. I've finished the body (which is knit in one piece) and one sleeve, and have cast on for sleeve #2. The edges of the finished pieces are rolling like crazy. I'm going to have to do some mad blocking on this when it's finished - which should be interesting, given that I've never blocked anything before!

Next up: Brad's Mom's socks, and a billion new projects from the yarn that I intend to buy tomorrow at the Creative Needlework and Sewing Festival in Toronto. Whee!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kemma said...

Waaah. I can't see any pictures. Are there pictures? And when you figure out how to get blogger-bot to stick pictures somewhere we can find them, can you let me in on how one goes about sticking a picture in one's profile? because I'm stuck there, too. :)
I need to post more knitting stuff, I think.

9:56 p.m.  
Blogger Kemma said...

Oh, and....
You're making SOCKS????? I'm uber jealous. My socks are stuck at the 'now I'll need to figure out how to turn the heel' stage. And there they've sat... since April 2004.

9:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home