Stitches and Sutures

I'm a 25-year-old second-year medical student living in Ontario, Canada. I'm pretty sure that the only way to stay sane in medical school is to have a life outside of medical school, and knitting is one of my chosen diversions.

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Excitement!

We got engaged last Tuesday! Hooray!

The Boy and I went ring shopping together a few weeks ago, and after checking pretty much every store in town (some of them twice) and nearly driving The Boy (who hates shopping) totally bonkers, we found the perfect ring. Or rather, we ordered it, since it didn't actually exist.

The store was supposed to call The Boy's cellphone to tell him when it was ready so there would be at least a bit of a surprise for me, but they called while we were both home. After he got off the phone, I asked him who the caller was. "No one...." he said," but I might have to go out for a few minutes tonight." Big grin. I knew right away, and we were both so excited that we could hardly eat our supper before he went tearing out the door.

He was back in less than an hour. He swept me up in a big hug and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes, so he made me look away while he put the ring on my finger:


The centre stone is an alexandrite. It's a pretty rare stone, originally discovered in Russia (The Boy studies Russian & eastern European history, so it's very appropriate), and the coolest part is that it changes colour. No, not like a mood ring! It goes from this beautiful emerald green stone in fluorescent light to a mauvey-bluey-grey in incandescent light, to reddish-purple in halogen light. In "mixed" light, it's almost black, with tiny flecks of different colours. I love it!

So, in May of 2007, I will become a "Dr." and a "Mrs." in just a few short weeks! Yowza!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger mamaloo said...

Congratulations!

9:10 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I love that ring! Goregous. Congratulations!

6:26 p.m.  
Blogger Jocele said...

It's beautiful. Congrats!!

5:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home